Case Study: Bridgeport Chamber of Commerce Publishes Web Site in Less than a Week!

On Friday, June 6, 2008, Bruce Winchell and I visited Jill Thieme at the Cass River Yacht Club. Since at least 2006, Bruce had been eager to implement a fully-functional web site for the Bridgeport Area Chamber of Commerce. Without Jill's approval, this would be impossible, so Bruce arranged my introduction.

I talked excitedly to Jill about the prospect of a new web site, but Jill remained aloof. It appeared to me that she had heard such talk before. It occurred to me that if I proved myself before she made a decision, perhaps the decision would be easier to make.

"Why don't I just build your web site for you before you buy," I suggested. "If you like it you can buy it, if not, then no hard feelings."

She paused.

"I'll make you a functional site by your Chamber meeting on Tuesday," I said.

Jill seemed skeptical that it could be done so quickly.

Well, it really is possible to create a web site in a day or two, if you know what you're doing. Bruce provided me with digital photos, and I gathered information about the Bridgeport community from the Census Bureau and other sources. Within about twelve hours of development work on Friday and Saturday, the demonstration site was complete.

I presented the site at the Chamber meeting on Tuesday, June 10. It was approved that very day. You can see the results at www.bridgeportchambermi.org.